28 Responses to “Server subsystem failed. Reason: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null”

commenter

thanks a ton for ur help. it really helped us in solving the number format exception.

commenter

Thanks Eric. It fixed my issue.

commenter

Thanks a million! Have been working with the vendor and nothing getting fixed…I am now back up and running!

commenter

Thank you It worked .

commenter

Thanks this worked.

commenter

Thanks Eric. It fixed my issue.

commenter

Thanks. It fixed my issue.

commenter

thank you soo much

commenter

Thanks Eric, it worked for me.

commenter

WOW, great stuff. really appreciating

commenter

THX, it worked for me too!

commenter

Thanks a lot, worked like charm.
I don’t necessarily have right credentials to look into these issues, but ended up in this situation. Exact same symptoms and reasons. /u01 got full and after UNIX team cleaned it up, weblogic was not starting.
Thanks

commenter

You are a champ, this article, brought my severup and running in 30 minutes

commenter

Thanks, this had me fix and running in 3 mins!! Thanks.

commenter

Awesome!! thanks for the help!!!!

[…] Server subsystem failed. Reason: java.lang … – Thanks a lot, worked like charm. I don’t necessarily have right credentials to look into these issues, but ended up in this situation. Exact same … […]

commenter

Thanks man!!!!!

commenter

Great post! We ran into the exact scenario you ran into. Luckily,I ran into your post and this fix worked like a charm. Thanks for posting! You saved me hours of troubleshooting.

commenter

After removing the replicas.prop, when I restart the server it is not creating the file properly. Is there anyway we can create it manually?

commenter

Is it a 0byte file after restart or does it contain any content ?

Becky Herrera | May 24th, 2016 at 12:49 pm
commenter

Thank you exactly what I needed!

commenter

Ran into the same issue, and came across this post. Followed the exact steps and it fixed my issue.Thank you!

commenter

Good one, thanks. In addition, we had the issue with another corrupted file (adapters.os_xml), so we took it from backup dest:

cp /opt/oracle/middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.ovd_11.1.1/templates/adapters.os_xml /opt/oracle/middleware/user_projects/domains/FRSDomain/config/fmwconfig/ovd/default/adapters.os_xml

Cheers!

commenter

Thank you so much, this fixed my issue.

commenter

Eric, thanks for the information.
This resolved my issue.
Reggards,

commenter

You are the man, thank you

commenter

HI Team,

Getting below exception and the above solution i tried but it did’t work. Kindly help.

All server side log events will be written to this file.>
<Server subsystem failed. Reason: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at weblogic.protocol.ProtocolHandlerAdmin.getDefaultServerChannel(ProtocolHandlerAdmin.java:51)
at weblogic.server.channels.ChannelService.createServerChannels(ChannelService.java:506)
at weblogic.server.channels.ChannelService.initializeServerChannels(ChannelService.java:311)
at weblogic.server.channels.ChannelService.start(ChannelService.java:218)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Caused By: java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.protocol.ProtocolHandlerAdmin.getPriority(ProtocolHandlerAdmin.java:77)
at weblogic.server.channels.BasicServerChannelImpl.(BasicServerChannelImpl.java:485)
at weblogic.server.channels.ServerChannelImpl.(ServerChannelImpl.java:94)
at weblogic.server.channels.ServerChannelImpl.(ServerChannelImpl.java:85)
at weblogic.server.channels.ServerChannelImpl.createDefaultServerChannel(ServerChannelImpl.java:217)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
>

commenter

Thanks so much. This resolved my issue after running out of space on the partition

Leave a Reply:

Name (required):
Mail (will not be published) (required):
Website:
Comment (required):
XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>