Last i finished the last day of the 3day Oracle Fusion 11g workshop.
And i must say…i’m pretty impressed by the new stack Oracle presented.
For development during the workshop i used my own vmware of fusion 11g on Centos.
And it’s a real killer when all components of the suite are up and running, my laptop had a tuff time.
During the workshop we used the famous ‘Order processing’ tutorial to get in touch with the components of the fusion 11g.
A short overview of what we have been discussing and developing
- SCA Components wiring bpel and human tasks together and exposing them as soap services
- Using the mediator for transformation between the SCA components
- Orchestrating a few bpels to execute human tasks and update payload
- Adding Business Rules
- Handling Business Events using EDN
- Creating BAM dashboards and using BAM adapter/sensors to push data
- Integration with Oracle B2B
- Virtualize services on Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
- Web services policy enforcement
- Managing the lifecycle of a SOA composite application
- Unit Testing
- New Fault Handling framework (mediator and bpel)
- Using Service Data Objects (SDO)
My first thoughts
SCA modelings looks good, composite application development in JDeveloper works like a charm.
Business rules development got new gui, way better then the old one.
BAM dashboards look really good, customers will love those.
EDN framework, event based architectures, nice!
ADF BPEL Worklist, finally an easy way to design your own worklist gui.
Mediator is the old OESB, now it’s used for the wire in the composite applications and subscription on events
New console looks good, all integrated and good support for End 2 End tracking
Fault Policy framework from 10.1.3.4 now works for both BPEL and Mediator
A few impressions
To find out about all the other new functionality, install it and go play with it!